Rice Krispies Treats are perfect for beginners who want to try something fun yet easy. A perfect way to showcase some of that creativity in the kitchen. This easy recipe requires no baking, but only four basic ingredients and takes very little effort for such a delicious outcome. With the Easter holiday being just around the corner, now would be the perfect time to experiment with some fun treats to make and share for the holiday!
You will need:
- 50g of Butter
- 1 Box of Rice Krispies (approx. 130g)
- ½ Pack of Marshmallows (approx. 20 large marshmallows)
- Assorted Toppings Of Your Choice (Sprinkles, Chocolate Chips, etc.)
- In a saucepan, melt the butter and marshmallows. Stir often to avoid burning on the bottom of the pan.
- Take the pan off the stove and pour the mixture in a bowl along with the Rice Krispies. Mix well until evenly spread.
- Add your topping(s)!
- Transfer the mixture to a greased container and spread evenly. Make sure you flatten them all to ensure that the Rice Krispies stick together!
- Let it cool in a fridge for 30 minutes.
- Cut, serve and enjoy! Store these treats in an airtight container for maximum shelf life.
This recipe is so easy and can be altered depending on what you like and look for in a treat. For a fun Easter theme, stick with sprinkles for that vibrant colour that makes the treats pop. To add more flavour, drizzle melted chocolate on top (white or milk). The possibilities are endless!
By Shahirah Yusri