IGNITE Magazine welcomes feedback and opinions from our fellow readers. As such, we have opened our email to submissions in the form of ‘Letters to the Editor’ and ‘Op-Eds.’
Submissions should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. These should be accompanied by details such the full name of the author(s), phone number(s) and a one sentence biography of the author(s). The author(s) will be notified within 5 days of their submission if IGNITE Magazine has decided to publish their piece.
There are a few matters to note before sending in a piece:
- IGNITE Magazine does not enforce a strict word limit on submissions, however, it is advisable that they are at a maximum of 1,000 words. Preferably, the piece should be submitted in a Word document.
- Facts, statistics, quotes and images included in the submission should be cited with credible sources.
- There are no restrictions on the topics a submission may cover (this does not include ‘Letters to Editors’). Nevertheless, each topic should be approached constructively and with the necessary sensitivity and decency.
- IGNITE Magazine does not guarantee the publishing of all submissions as these are subject to multiple rounds of editing. This ensures that the pieces are aligned with the Magazine’s guidelines, clarity levels and credibility standards.
- All submissions to IGNITE Magazine should not have been previously published elsewhere, regardless of whether in print or on online platforms.
With this being said, you can find brief details about the respective submission forms below.
Letters to the Editor
Letters to the editor respond to, critique or commend an article published by IGNITE Magazine within the last 14 days.
Unlike letters to the editor, Op-Eds are an open space for discussion and commentary. They do not have to be a direct response to an article published by IGNITE Magazine. Submissions of this form can include opinions on current events, news or explanatory pieces, personal essays, among others.